Interested in sponsoring? Please view our sponsorship document using the link above, and don't hesitate to email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Kickoff / Opening Ceremonies
Tech Talk by SEI: Spring
Tech Talk by SEI: Angular 2 - Getting Started
Tech Talk by Unisys: Thinking Security - how security fits into the dev process
Tech Talk by CapTech: Being a Full-Lifecycle Developer
Tech Talk by Guru: React - Getting Started
Tech Talk by Elsevier: Getting Started with Docker
Tech Talk by Vanguard: How to Build your own Financial Services Company - APIs, LEAN Development, FRAPI
Submissions Due, Show & Tell, Judging Begins
~ FIN ~
Listed below are the Sponsor Challenges for LHD Philly
Combine Finance and Technology in a way that benefits the community
No specific challenge. We will be looking for best/most interesting overall hack. Combination of creativity, innovation, and technical challenge.
Develop an application that helps manage a hackathon. It could help with the organization of the hackathon (communications among participants/mentors/sponsors). It could also help the judging process. Ideally, the application will utilize cloud-based APIs and systems like Amazon or Azure to provide a scalable solution. The application could be browser based solution, or a mobile application.
The project will be judged on:
• User Experience
• Use of cloud-based systems (AWS/Azure). Serverless a plus
• Usefulness in solving a problem
Use either React or React Native to build your application. Submissions will be judged on appropriate usage of React concepts and general best practices.
Some things we would like to see:
• Easily extensible application
• Clean and concise code
• Sensible component hierarchy
Best mobile security solution. Teams can work on any topic in this area, if they are looking for guidance here are some suggestions:
1. Network traffic - who is my phone communicating with? (cellular network, wifi or bluetooth)
2. Application traffic - what information am I providing the applications I use. How can I trust that the information that I'm providing won't be used elsewhere?
3. Mitigating risk across devices - As a business, how can I ensure that company information is secure when people bring their own devices?
4. Visualizing - Alerting risk - From a high level, how can I better understand how secure my information is? What does that look like?
Best Finance Solution. How can we better servce our investors?
Some potential areas of opportunity include:
• How do we help our investors save more for retirement?
• How can we promote financial literacy?
• How do we make it simpler for new investors to start investing?
Hackathons can be an intimidating task to overcome, especially for first time hackathon goers. So if you're not sure where to start with you're project or if you're just looking for something to do, these challenges are designed to give you a taste of a variety of different Computer Science related disciplines and make your LHD one to remember!